Friday, December 21, 2012

Housewarming Holiday Party



With Christmas just days away, I wanted to share one of my favorite seasonal events I had the pleasure of planning. Former wedding clients of mine wanted to throw a housewarming party in their new and newly renovated San Francisco home. So we selected the first weekend in December and began planning this stunning holiday cocktail party for family and friends.

The halls were decked in tones of gold and copper, accented by acorns, pinecones and magnolia leaves for a nod to nature. Petite wreaths hung in every window of the house, with a beautiful statement wreath on the front door.

Guests arrived to the sound of a boys choir caroling by candlelight in the entryway. They were then met with trays of beautiful seasonal cocktails and a spectacular dinner buffet by Paula LeDuc Fine Catering. The highlight of the meal (and my favorite detail of the night) was the unforgettable White Truffle Risotto station. Having recently been to Italy during truffle season and knowing my client's Italian heritage, I suggested they serve this at the party. I must say the dish was every bit as delicious as those I tasted in Italy.

Of course no holiday party is complete without sweets. Paula LeDuc and Jill Sassa from PS Paper teamed up to design a winter wonderland dessert buffet featuring Egg Nog Pot de Cremes, Miniature Coconut Snowballs, Caramel Lady Apples and more.

But just so no sweet tooth went unfulfilled, each guest took home a charming stocking favor stuffed with Recchiutti S'mores Bites. A merry Christmas indeed.

Photography by Kristen L. - Meg Smith & Associates.

8 comments:

  1. I have bought a beautiful dress from Pnina Tornai Wedding Dresses collection. Everybody praised it and i loved it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use of such vibrant colors for a wedding is great. I will also use such colors for my wedding at Wedding venues in Philadelphia . This is a historical venue. So I am sure such themes will suit my wedding best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! It was really an Informational Article to read on, keep it up! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to bookmark the page I come to read again. Wonderful job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog, Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have learn several good stuff here. Thanks for sharing this buddy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You’ve made some decent points there. This is great article, Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails